Sunday 11 March 2012

Time To Move!!

Hi Everyone,

The last few days have been a bit of a blur, but I can safely say, that my boyfriend and I have finally moved in to our new flat!! We've managed to put away most of our things, but obviously still have a few things to sort out. Anyway, here's what's been going on since Wednesday afternoon:

I went for the second interview, which, as I said, is right up my street, being online related. I thought I did quite well in the interview, I was able to answer all questions, even the more technical ones which they didn't expect me to know, and I got on quite well with both of the interviewers.
Afterwards, I headed over to one of London's Hilton hotels to meet another interviewer. I thought this one went well too, I was able to give some input into what he could do to improve things within the business, and was able to answer all his questions too. The only problem with this one is that it initially entails working from home, as the company does not have any offices anywhere at the moment, which sounds a little fishy to me.
Anyway, I heard back from the recruitment agent who got me the second interview. He gave me positive general feedback so far, but the final decision won't be made until tomorrow, so here's hoping it's good news!
I also heard back from the Sales interview, unfortunately they decided to hire someone else, because this person seems to have gotten a better score in their degree than I did. It did make me a little angry at the time, but thinking back now, I'm glad it happened, as sales is not really something I want to be doing.

I spent Thursday packing and applying for more jobs, and have scheduled a phone interview for next week, which is always good!

Friday came around, and my boyfriend and I went to our new place to sign the contracts and get the keys, all ready for Saturday. We then went home and waited for my boyfriends parents to get to his old flat. On Saturday, we spent the day moving all of our things to the flat, my boyfriend sorted everything out with his old flat, and we all went for dinner out afterwards, which was a pretty good meal as I had risotto for the first time in a long time!

Today we decided to go bowling with my boyfriends parents, which was quite fun! I do love a bit of bowling, I must say!
Unfortunately, however, last night's sleep wasn't too great, as the bed frame is in the process of breaking, and the matress is really uncomfortable. However, after having a short conversation with the landlady, my boyfriend managed to get her to agree to sort out a new bed and matress, which is great!
The only other annoying thing about the flat is that there is no kitchen bin. But as it's only our second day here, we will sort that out in the next few days.

Another piece of news: I finally managed to ask my dad to bring the rest of my things to London. He said he might be able to at the beginning of April, so I'm hoping that will actually work out! Otherwise, not much has happened.

Hoping for some good news tomorrow, and hoping you all have had a FAB(!!) weekend!

As Always, Stay Tuned!

- A

No comments:

Post a Comment